One close look at an INTJ


Hi.

Let's get to the point. I've been to so many sites about the 16 personality types by Myerrs-Briggs and Jung and I don't know who else to put.
I'm going to focus on the INTJ and some compatibilities with ENFP, INFP and ISFP people. (Based on how I get along with them, anyway. Don't know about you.)

So, here are some INTJ stuff (that even INTP's, INFJ's, ISFP's, INFP's might have):
  • Want to be the best as much as possible, even though it almost looks impossible
  • Would enjoy being alone in a silent place than being with a lot of people in a noisy place. (Introvert characteristics)
  • You would unleash your wit whenever you feel like it.
  • You don't like showing people your work unless you're close friends with them and you think that they  will think greatly of your work.
  • You're close with the smartest person you know but you only go to him/her when you want to ask something you don't understand or, like the rest of the crowd, when you need something important.
  • Your weirdness can be seen by the world but you don't really care because you're "being yourself" and people keep on saying you're weird but you don't mind and smile.
  • You like taking pictures of other things than yourself and you feel uncomfortable with yourself sometimes.
  • You dislike losing.
  • You most often give negative side comments whenever you feel like it, disregarding the fact that it may offend anyone. Whenever you give good side comments, people think you're being sarcastic.
  • You have this "feeling" that you really have to talk to people, and when you don't know what kind of topic to talk about, you try to be the laughingstock… which sometimes fails because they don't understand your joke.
  • You're silent most of the time, thinking of many different things, but when you talk, you talk fast and you say the most unnecessary things.
  • You don't like explaining things over and over again. Same goes to you. Especially when you already know what to do.
  • You forget the useless events in your life, and for some reason, you also forget the most trivial of things.
  • Your close friends don't know what you're thinking.
  • You don't mind love, you think it's just there. 
  • You're sometimes skeptical to your own religious beliefs.
  • You don't easily trust others.
  • You dislike being blamed and being wrong.
  • The internet is a great place to socialize.
  • You try to be nice to people and cover yourself up, because they would always take you wrongly if you don't.
  • Uncertainty compels you. You can end up shouting "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?!" if someone gives you blurry instructions. 
  • You're eager to learn. For example, if you read a sentence containing a word you don't know, you won't proceed to the next sentence without searching for its meaning. It's obsessive-compulsive for me.
~Expectations and reality about  INFP, ENTJ, ISFP, ESFP people~ (The INTJ perspective and my version)
You could probably tell who's who.

-ISFP close friend wearing a sad face early in the morning.
Expectation from an INTJ:
".. What's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"From the look of your face, you can't fool me. You have a problem, now tell me.
"There's nothing wrong."
"Spit it."
"Fine.. -tells problem-"

Reality
"Hey, what's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"Oh, come on. It's obvious (well, obvious enough for me) that there's something bothering you. Tell me."
"There's nothing wrong."
"-stare-"
"Okay.. -tells problem-"


-INFP bonding time; Lunch, there's a quiz in a certain subject-
Expectation:
*approaches INFP friend while she's doing something
"Hey, let's go to the library."
"Sure."
-library-
*looks at INFP friend, she only brought her sketchpad and pencil, she's drawing while you're opening your book, you look at her, sort of shocked*
"You're not going to review?"
"For what?"
"Quiz in _____."
-(If it's a minor subject..)
"Oh.. nahh..It's okay. *continues drawing*"
-(if the quiz is a major subject)
"WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?! Wait here, I'm getting my book/notebook!"
"Okay."


Reality:
*automatically approaches INFP friend without saying a word* (We do this all the time that we don't have to say anything! xD)
*INFP friend is fixing stuff and looking for her pencil, after she's done, we directly go to the library*
*thinks of a good table, INFP follows*
*opening book, then sees friend only with a sketchpad and pencil*
"There's a quiz in ____. (same results as the first one)"
-(If it's a minor subject..)

"Oh.. nahh..It's okay. *continues drawing*"
-(if the quiz is a major subject)
"WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?! Wait here, I'm getting my book/notebook!"
"Okay, do it fast!"


ISFJ relationship - I don't know the expectations so I'm going to put my experience!
We get along pretty well, she's the second person I'm close with in our house (The first being my ENTJ sister). She may be a house helper but she's still a friend. She shares her experiences and stuff with me, the other house helper (I'll let her take the online one I used so I could find her type) and my dad (which I have no intention of sharing this personality thing).
Well, she's good with things you ask her to do. She rarely makes mistakes and she's pretty good with decision-making and time-spending. 
But sometimes I worry if I ever hurt her feelings like the rest of the world.


ENTJ relationship based on experience
Since my sister's an ENTJ, she could help me with social interactions and stuff. She's good with emotional problems and et cetera. She helps me when I feel down, and I find it interesting how she could see the difference when I'm sad and when I'm not.
She's good with advices based on her own experience. (and she's good at convincing. fufufu)
A simple explanation is good enough and she understands the situation, whatever it is, easily. 
I remember the time I had a.. I don't know how to put it.. some sort of problem with studies that I ended up having the urge to cut my right hand. Thankfully, I have high levels of P (almost balancing with J) that I'm the type of INTJ who doesn't really study very very very harrdd, unlike the hardcore J ones, who do.
I blamed myself and went berserk in my room punching the walls and wrote stuff on the mirror like "GIVE IT UP ALREADY" or something using a whiteboard marker (of course I knew it won't stay long, being written on a mirror. I wiped it clean when my sister went into the room). My sister saw me crying and I could barely talk. There's a line encircling my wrist, because I was enriching my mind with the thought of chopping off my lovely right hand.
She told me to stop and that accept the wrong things I've done, but she told me not to blame myself for having a hobby of drawing, but that I preferred to spend more time there than studies rofl. Oh I feel tired.


ESFP relationship
I have nothing to say.



ISFP relationship - my experience
Pretty much alright. Free hugs, people, free hugs. It can develop your gentle side. My ISFP friend is my soft spot and it sounds so intimately wrong I'm mentally laughing. I consider her a close friend even though we only occasionally talk, even though I find it.. uncomfortable to be with her, because I think I have to be "soft" and think before I speak (and like I said, I'm pretty much the opposite with my close friends), and I don't want anything to go wrong. Restricted much? Hmmm.. not so sure. The only thing that bothers me is that she's too.. humble(?), is that a problem?
..Or maybe we're just not close enough? Most of the time she's with our mutual friends, (while I always hang out with my INFP friend), I always feel happy for her. I feel guilty though when she gives me gifts. But still, we rarely have long talks. She talks about her problems and I give advices (which I have no clue if they worked). I don't recall talking much about my problems, but one time, when we had this small misunderstanding that she thought I was mad at her but I was mad at myself because I felt too different one time when I was able to hang out with a lot of people, oh I don't get it either
It was recess time and we went together to the aviary (where I go to eat most of the time with a few friends. It's crowded in the cafeteria.), then I went to the restroom to cry and I washed my face so it won't be too obvious that I cried. When I returned, she was gone, my friends said she went to the library. It hurt knowing that she got into that mess when I was thinking "This isn't me! I feel uncomfortable! This isn't me!". I have no idea how she could think that I'm mad at her.
I haven't eaten yet and it was a decision I had to make; eat and talk to her later or skip eating and go to the library to talk. (Of course I chose the second option.. even though I almost died of hunger)
I sat beside her in the library and smiled before crying. I wasn't able to tell her what really bothered me, because I didn't know how to put it in words. I just said "Identity crisis" which I have no idea if it had anything to do with my problem. She didn't understand, though. She thought she did but she didn't. Same goes to the ExxP friend who followed. She was, I think, trying to make me laugh by corny jokes. She told me about her problem that is.. the physical kind of "identity crisis". I was talking about the internal kind. I forgot what I said to them, anyway. I only remember walking out of the room with them. I said we were almost late. Which is true, and one more thing is that I didn't want to continue the conversation because it won't be solved. If I can't understand it, could they?

I think it's an INTJ's problem, not being able to convert feelings into words because it's too.. deep? I can't think of any other word other than "deep" or "incomprehensible". I prefer incomprehensible.


INFP relationship - full of contentment
My INFP friend follows almost everything I tell her to. She's loyal to me and other close friends. She's into fantasies that she could easily put into anything, thanks to her talent in arts. She's almost like me-- only a little more introverted, I suppose. Oh, well, she doesn't really have any other interest except anime and drawing.
When I meant that she's loyal, I mean it.. Whatever I tell her to do, she does it with almost no complaint! I ask her if she's fine with that and she says yes, and I think she just wants me and other people to be content with her. She's trustworthy, too. No wonder we hang out a lot.
One time, I told her to buy something for our ISFP friend, a mechanical pencil. I could have bought it myself, but frankly, it would be troublesome for me to convince my dad to drive me to the nearest bookstore-- and it's not near at all.. for a mechanical pencil. I rarely go outside of the house with my sister, who goes to malls almost all the time.
The next day, when I asked, she forgot. But it's alright, it seldom happens. The next day, she brought it to school and I gave it to our ENFP friend. It looked cute how my INFP friend went shy when our ISFP friend thanked her. 
I gave some money to my INFP friend, in exchange for the mechanical pencil she bought. She said it's not needed but I inserted it in her pocket. 
She took it and gave it to me, saying it's alright.
WHY OH WHY MUST YOU BE SO KINDDDD?

That's it. Finally I can sleep.


___


P.S. 

Comments

  1. I read the first part, with the INTJ attributes, and I agree with all of it. I'm an INTJ =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know we have similarities : D
    Glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTP or INTJ?