What started it all..

The story of my love life. No one would probably read this.. but heh.. let's go.

When my family moved to the place I'm currently living in, I immediately made friends in my neighborhood. One of them is this boy who coincidentally have the same religion as I have. (My country is inhabited by Catholics.. but me and that guy friend weren't, among my neighborhood friends.) When our other friends knew about it, they kept on teasing me about him and of course, since I was a shy person before, I didn't fight back.

Time passed, and I forgot about my friends. I didn't play with them anymore, I don't know their names, and most especially.. I don't know the reason why we AREN'T friends anymore.

Early 2009, summer.
I have been going to doctrines. A week after I started..
One night, while I was dressing up myself, my mom called me. I ran downstairs to see what's up. I looked at the living room and I saw a boy was with my dad. I asked who he was. My dad answered "He's your old neighborhood friend". I didn't easily remember him. He only seemed familiar. 
"What's his name?" I asked. 
"He says his name is Ruby." (Let's hide him with the name of Ruby. Let me be Sapphire~)
"Ruby...?" I repeated. I still can't remember it fully.

Well, since that day, we started attending doctrines together. For one month only, though. So everyday (excluding Sundays and Thursdays), I would always call him through phone and shout at him and say "7:00 PM. GET READY SOON OR ELSE WE'RE GONNA LEAVE YOU!" as a threat. My dad would laugh and say "Take it easy". But I found it fun shouting at him and bossing him around.

I was that hard, yes.


Whenever I'm in church and Ruby was absent, his friends would ask me his whereabouts. I would say "Huh? I don't know". I wondered why they ask ME about HIS whereabouts. He once said people in church thought we were relatives, and some other thing he wouldn't tell me and I still don't know up to now.

The month of doctrine has passed and it's almost the end of the year. We're not as close as before but I still called and shouted at him on the phone to check if he was ready or not. 
Whenever my dad's doing something else and him and me are left in the car, we would talk about our likes, dislikes, or other things (like play Pokemon in my DS). 


January of 2010, we were baptized on the same date of 16 that month. But before that, while we were both in the car and the driver (which is not my dad), was driving..


I thought
So, after this.. what will become of us..? My heart is beating fast.. *looks at him* Why.. 
Why do I keep on looking at you and thinking that we're never going to see each other after the ceremony? Why am I like this?  I should have cherished the moments we had at that time. I'm so stupid!


After the ceremony, I looked and asked him if he was going to ride in the car with us or with the others in the jeepney. When he said he won't be coming with us, I felt very sad. I thought we won't be seeing each other anymore or something. I don't know.


But I hid my feelings. Secretly, while looking at him disappear in the crowd, I thought to myself
This feeling, it's like.. a small glass is shattering.. slowly.

I disliked that feeling.
"So, how was your date with Ruby?" My sister asked, when I got home.
"Stop it." I chuckled and went upstairs.


March 13, he went to my house by surprise,  along with some people from church, 'cause it was for religious reasons or however you call it.
Here we go again, my heart beating fast. 
When they were done giving me the reminders, I pulled Ruby's sleeve and asked, with my head down,
"When's your birthday? I only know it's of this month.. The date, when is it?"
"March 15" He said. I let go of his sleeve and said ok.

Well, I did greet him a happy birthday via Facebook. But yeah, nevermind.


March 20, I confessed to him that I like him (via Facebook chat. xD).
For some reason it looks like he felt the same too. 
We messaged each other starting from that day, etc. etc.


April 5, the day when my half-sister came to my house to have a short vacation.
It was also the day Ruby and I met at the playground. We had a small chitchat and I gave him Skittles as a "late birthday gift".


We continued messaging each other until..


July 18, he asked me to be his girlfriend.
I held a promise with my older sister about this. When I'm 18, I can be in a relationship.
I didn't "turn him down". I told him to "wait".


Did he? No.


August 13.
I found out something wasn't right.
He kept on deleting my posts in his FB wall. It wasn't normal for him to do so.
I asked a friend of his, and he said
"he's in a secret relationship with a girl whom i like, i already gave up on the girl.. once that i found out ruby likes her too.."


I was furious, I cried. I kept on saying to myself "I hate you, you liar! How dare you!?"
It was hard for me to accept that he would lie to me. He said I was important.. and if I really was.. why is it that..


Worst of all, he was in a relationship since July. July was the time he asked me too! I mean what the--?


I said to myself not to give up just yet.. because my words, what I said to him was from my heart! 


August 23.
I told his friend to tell him I'm mad at him (while his girlfriend's with him), for a climax scene.
Mission successful. He said sorry the same day. I "faked" in forgiving him. I have the right to lie to him because he lied to me.


August 31.
I suspected they broke up that time, or something happened bad. Meh, whatever. I was happy inside (a bit), dunno why.


From then onwards, I haven't communicated with Ruby much. He lives only a few blocks away from my house, so I can go anytime to his house whenever I feel like it. (though I'm afraid of his parents.. lol)


Whenever I see him in church, I feel so happy, then suddenly very mad.. while my heart's beating very fast.
and when see someone who looks like him when I see a back similar to his, when I'm on my bike, I would follow the guy to see if it's really Ruby. Never did I find him on his bike. 




Sigh. That's all. I guess.
The dates are from my diary. (yes, I have one.)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTP or INTJ?

One close look at an INTJ