Achievements in the past school year

Among all the school years I've had.. regardless of the school I went.. 3rd year was the best for me. Not only because I got an unexpected farewell gift from my guy teacher that I have a crush on, but because this is the year that I made a great achievement. I got more friends.


Well, maybe for some, this isn't much. As they say, No Man is an Island, but there is always a big difference between strangers, acquaintances, and friends, and close friends. (redirecting topic.. hold on)

Strangers refer to people you see maybe once or twice in your lifetime. If you walk down a busy metropolitan road on a Monday morning, you'll come across a lot of people that you don't know. You might just see them maybe once. The next day, another batch of people will be there on that place. So on and so forth. Okay.. well, I might be exaggerating when I say you'll meet them only once or twice.. but even though you meet a little more than that, you still don't know each other's names, or don't really give notice to each other.

Acquaintances, in my own dictionary, means these are the people whom you know by name, and maybe you know some things about them, but your relationship with them isn't as intimate as a real "friend". There is little to no trust, and you just interact with them if you really have to, and not in a leisurely manner, unlike when it comes to friends.

Friends pertain to people who you know personally. You trust them, get along with them, and you don't mind spending a few hours with them. You may have lots of common interests and hobbies. You know each other's basic information, such as their favorite colors and etc. You spend time with these people twice as much as you do with acquaintances.

A more intimate level is close friends or best friends. These are the people whom you tell most of your secrets to. They're like your second family. Your relationship with them doesn't have to be too formal. Some group of best friends are delinquents. Some are nice. Some are smart. Usually, people become close friends when they start to understand each other in an emotional level. They know how to make their lonely friend happy. They know what to do when they're down. They help you with your love problems. Etc., etc.



In the past school year, some strangers became acquaintances. Some friends became close friends. It was a great achievement for me since I've never been so social in my life. Too bad these things happened at the near end of the school year. It would have been better if I made it earlier. But I guess that this is just a small step in a long journey. I'm glad I was able to do all of these.

That's one of the main reasons my 3rd year HS life is the best.. even though I can't say for sure that the next school year would be better.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INTP or INTJ?

One close look at an INTJ