Wanderlust


Whenever I commute (which I don't normally do, and when I do, I usually have someone with me), or go to crowded areas (which I don't usually go to), I feel like I'm trying to make a connection with someone.. specifically people of my age or those younger than me, I feel like I want to establish some sort of memorabilia for them to simply remember me. I don't understand this feeling, but to be honest, I want them to know I came across them, even just once.

It's the saddening part of life; we don't know that we all connect with each other. In one point in our lives, we've been to a place where people are all different, yet connect at some point. We share something we don't know. For example, maybe you've walked past someone who has the same goal in life, maybe even a problem, hobby, opinion or disability.

I don't commute a lot because I don't really go out much, and if I do go out, I'm usually with my sister and we travel via private vehicle (or our car, in simplest terms, lol). In the middle of traveling, I usually observe people and imagine what their lives are like. I imagine themselves a few years back or their future, how they were brought up, etc. I probably never had an accurate analysis of anyone, but the feeling of trying to immerse myself in a different perspective had long been fascinating. It's like microeconomics ohoho

Commuting (in Filipino terms, this refers to a specific type of travel involving traveling via public vehicles) is a way of immersing myself deeper into society, which made me more open to the essence of reality. The fact that the Filipinos' notable politeness and hospitality is still noticeable even in the present days made me think about the true "innocence" of the Filipino culture, albeit our culture itself is a mix of foreign influences. The essence of "the true Filipino" is still in us, and whatever we do, it will still be there.

Each individual I came across in my journeys did something in their lives that made them who they are today. Every one is unique and no two people have (or) had the same lives. Humans are complex, and that's the most interesting part of life. A human being can't really understand others, but only himself. We can analyze everything but the very essence is solely understood by the beholder.

It's funny.. thinking of all of these. Modesty aside, it's probably too early for me to get into this sort of thinking. This yearning for understanding a lot of things is engraved into my soul and I don't think I can satisfy myself easily because of this.

I feel that this is the start of my wanderlust. Once I enter university, which is just a few months from now, I will finally travel alone. I'm honestly not a "people person" myself, but I want to experience being able to see things from different perspectives.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTP or INTJ?

One close look at an INTJ