Transition

Transition is my favorite word. I've never really understood why, but whenever it comes across my mind, I feel the sudden urge to smile and say to myself, "Transition is a great word."

What makes it so special?

According to my favorite online dictionary :
transition [trænˈzɪʃən]n 
1. change or passage from one state or stage to another
2. the period of time during which something changes from one state or stage to another
Well, those aren't the only meanings you could find. But of course I'd choose them instead of the Physics or Music related ones.

Have you ever felt a transition happening in your life? No one usually notices until they find themselves already in the other end. We become too caught up of thinking of the future and fulfilling our desires, that we've become unaware of the great, worthwhile road that connects both our past and our future.

I am and always will be the type of person who would repetitively ask someone the same question at least two times, just so I could be sure of what I'll do. It's an OCD thing, actually. But the leading cause of this is because I am always afraid to make a mistake. I am always anxious. What if I do it wrong? What if I missed something? What will happen next? These are annoying chants the not so confident side of me murmurs every time someone asks me a favor.

Now, there came a time that this anxiety went too severe, to the point that I was questioning my own future. I was literally staring into oblivion. What will happen if..? What should I do if..? If here, if there. I had a lot of sleepless nights because of thinking too much. I was so afraid of my own future. I was doubting myself, what I could do, and the length of my own potentials in general. Other than that, there was seriously one thing that bothered me the most-- Am I missing something?

The words "Missing Link" were always in my mind ever since. I was thinking that there was definitely something in the picture that I couldn't point out. Yet. I felt like I knew what it was, I just wasn't ready enough to know more about it. After a while of observing and introspecting, I was finally enlightened.

Transition is the Missing Link.


Classy illustration made in MS Paint
I came to my senses and realized that I was too caught up worrying about my future. I forgot about what I should have been focusing on, which was indeed the present. I wasn't preparing myself for the future back then, in fact, I was worrying about it instead. I've learned that there is definitely something worth worrying if I weren't brave enough to face what's already in front of me.

It's like a domino trail. A maze. A race. From start to finish, there will always be a process. It is facing and accepting yourself, your condition, and your nearest future.

What is happening in this very moment is what you call "transition". It's a word that is so broad, yet
quite understandable at the same time.

It is a shifting from one end of the rope to the other. All you have to do is grasp and move to whichever part you're facing.

Remember that you will always be one step closer to the future.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTP or INTJ?

One close look at an INTJ