It's been a while

Well, it's been a while again since I wrote on this blog. Here are some updates since my last post:

2018 - I graduated from university.

Finally. It took me a year longer to graduate than most people (it took me 5 years instead of 4) due to taking a semester off. In those 5 long years, I battled and conquered depression, made friends, doubted but eventually finished my program, and graduated with just a few regrets.

I graduated with a BS degree in Biology.

I'm not sure if I already made a post about it yet, but I hesitated to continue the program because I wanted to take Fine Arts since I got into uni. It took me a few semesters of contemplating before committing to my course. I did enjoy my majors despite almost flunking my math and physics courses. I also enjoyed my laboratory courses.

I did say that I graduated with just a few regrets. I admit that I wasn't the best in time management during undergrad and crammed a lot. I regret not doing better in some subjects. I also regret not making enough friends-- I only became more open during my last few semesters. I regret not joining orgs because of my anxiety. Well, those are among the most recurring regrets that come to mind.

Here is a picture I took of my Sablay. In my uni, this is a sash that we wear instead of a toga during graduation rites.
Sablay of University of the Philippines.

2018 - I got my first job.

My uni literally sits on top of the mountains and I enjoyed the cool weather, so I hoped to stay there for good. After graduating, I stayed to rest for a month.. which eventually led me to a few episodes of depression and got me spiraling down the void of anxiety from putting so much pressure on myself just to get my life together. After a few more months of idling, I tried to find jobs nearby.

I tried my best to align my career with my degree. At that time, I was focusing on becoming an instructor.. but the deadlines for the applications were already closed. I tried to look for more options online. After a while, I finally gave up and accepted the fact that I had to choose my last resort-- which was to go back to Manila. I pushed my luck until I exhausted all of my options, but luck was just not with me at that time.

Through online job sites, I applied as a research assistant in a pharmaceutical company and then in a well-known hospital. I really wanted to get into research and lab work so I got my hopes up. As much as I avoided going into corporate, I also submitted my CV to a health insurance company. The said company immediately contacted me and I eventually got the job. But in a sudden turn of events-- the hospital where I applied as an RA contacted me after I signed the contract with the insurance company! Another regret is that I was too shy to withdraw from the company that hired me since I already finished my training with them.

2019 - I got a promotion.. and also got pregnant.

Less than a year, with good client relations and efficient service, I got promoted and became an officer, but in a different department that handles internal processes. There were also a few rumors about me that circulated a bit which affected my performance, but everything died down eventually.

Around July, I tested positive for a few very faint PTs which I initially thought was negative. A trip to the OBGYN and an ultrasound confirmed that I was about 14 weeks into the pregnancy already without experiencing common symptoms like morning sickness! I was shocked to the core since I had no symptoms, and even hiked and went caving a few weeks before finding out. My belly didn't get bigger until my 5th or 6th month.

Here is the first sonogram of my little boy:

This big news didn't sit well with my family at first, but I understood and accepted the consequences.
My SO was also as shocked as I am when I told him the news (as he was at Baguio at that time), but he was happy. However, we had to compromise a bit since long-distance parenting is out of the question.

The latter half of 2019 wasn't much eventful, just a normal work life and pregnancy.

2020 - Gave birth. The world is struggling with this pandemic.

January 18, 2020 at about 9:31 PM, I gave birth to my baby boy via cesarean section due to arrest of descent. We've had sleepless nights since then. Honestly, I'm still trying to get a hang of this motherhood thing, but we'll get there soon.

Fast forward to March, the spread of COVID19 led to the lockdown of a major part of the Philippines and people are in a panic, classism is apparent, and the country is divided.

I just hope that the next time I make a post on this blog, things are hopefully a lot better.

Comments

  1. Hello po. Ask lang po ako ng permission if i can use your sablay pic para sa acrylic deck ng escooter ko please? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTP or INTJ?

One close look at an INTJ